Monday, October 05, 2009

"Obama Failed" vs "GOP Roots For America's Loss"

"Country first" my ass.

I'm sure people on the Left loved when Bush failed at things, but I'm pretty sure they didn't go nuts when NYC lost the 2012 Olympics bid back in 2005. I guess the Conservatives didn't want those hundreds of millions of dollars coming into the US economy with all those international travelers in town.
"The unseemly cheering on the right for America losing its Olympic bid I think is going to be the taste that lingers a long time after this failure. Certainly the president tried to get something and he didn't get it, and people who hate the president feel like that's a cause for celebration. But to see, for example, the Weekly Standard post 'Chicago loses, Chicago loses, cheers erupt at Weekly Standard headquarters' I think says a lot more about the Weekly Standard, it says a lot more about the right right now than it does about this loss." — Rachel Maddow on Meet the Press
As Paul Krugman said today, "The Conservative Movement has the emotional maturity of a bratty, 13 year old."

Source: Bob Cesca

No comments: