Thursday, September 23, 2010

Boehner Admits No Solutions on Social Security, Medicare

Addressing a central criticism of the "Pledge to America," House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) said he doesn't have the answer to funding problems with Medicare and Social Security, The Hill reports.

Instead, Boehner said Congress will first have to initiate "an adult conversation" with voters.

Said Boehner: "It's time for us as Americans to have an adult conversation with each other about the serious challenges that face our country. I don't have all the solutions. But I believe that if we work with the American people, the American people will want to work with us to come to grips with these challenges that face our country. It's about having that adult conversation in an honest, open way that'll get us the answers to lay out the plan that will solve this problem once and for all."

An adult conversation? Are you kidding me? Like the one about health care reform?

The Republicans make a "pledge" and leave out the two biggest entitlement programs. Providing zero ideas was a nice touch, too.

Is this not obvious to everyone that they leave them out because they want them to go away?

America is a republican representative-democracy, not a referendum-based direct-democracy; I don't want leaders who will ask me what I think of every issue; I want leaders who will tell me what they think and then let me decide whether or not to vote for them.

Posted via email from liberalsarecool.com

No comments: