Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bush: The Denier-In-Thief Did Coke

As per my last post about denial, Bush reigns supreme when it comes to denying reality. The truth is far too hard to bear, so create the lies to help you get through the day. Being a former cokehead troubles George so he makes up some bullshit story about "honestly" not remembering.

Here's a clip from Scott McClellan's new book:

"'The media won't let go of these ridiculous cocaine rumors,' I heard Bush say. 'You know, the truth is I honestly don't remember whether I tried it or not. We had some pretty wild parties back in the day, and I just don't remember.'"

I remember thinking to myself, How can that be?" McClellan wrote. "How can someone simply not remember whether or not they used an illegal substance like cocaine? It didn't make a lot of sense."

In the years that followed, McClellan "would come to believe that sometimes he convinces himself to believe what suits his needs at the moment." McClellan likened it to a witness who resorts to "I do not recall."

Anyone who says "I can't remember if I did cocaine", yet was a drunk and partied until he was 40, is an addict in denial. People who never did it would recall never doing it. It's like asking someone "did you ever kill a man?" Either you did or you didn't.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: