Friday, January 08, 2010

"I'm The Biggest Christian, Therefore I Should Have Power"

This is not a theocratic Iran, this is Huntsville, Alabama. Indistinguishable.
"I believe the Bible is true," Republican gubernatorial candidate Bradley Byrne said here Wednesday. "Every word of it."

Byrne's testimony came as he tried to clarify an earlier statement seized on by his opponents for the GOP nomination.

Byrne had been quoted in the Mobile Press-Register in November as saying, "I believe there are parts of the Bible that are meant to be literally true and parts that are not."

The Republican litmus test is proving there is no separation of Church and State. Plus, the willingness to say anything to please the extreme Right is the standard now. Piety in politics is a dangerous mix in this modern world.

Of the seven sins, pride is the biggest and basis for the others. Is shouting "I'm the biggest Christian, therefore I should have power" come across as humble?

Source: al.com

No comments: