Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Brewer's Crocodile Tears

Gov. Jan Brewer, who cheerfully signed Arizona’s draconian anti-immigrant law for personal political gain, is upset at her critics.
The Nazi comments . . . they are awful,” she said, her voice dropping. “Knowing that my father died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany, that I lost him when I was 11 because of that . . . and then to have them call me Hitler’s daughter. It hurts. It’s ugliness beyond anything I’ve ever experienced.”
Her father, Wilford Drinkwine, worked during WWII as a civilian supervisor for a naval munitions depot in Hawthorne, Nev. He died of lung disease in 1955 in California. He was never in Germany.

Stand up for your laws that are reminiscent of the 1930s Germany. Don't make up facts to get sympathy.  [Don't jump on the Blumenthal meme. Linda McMahon took one sentence and did a WWE edit job on it.]

Side note: AZ's laws will end up profiling current veterans, will Brewer feel any remorse for them? Will she be upset? My guess is nope.

Source: http://www.1115.org/

1 comment:

Shanel said...

she's a fucking idiot.... whatevs