Friday, August 13, 2010

Bruce Bartlett: The Modern GOP - The Greedy Sociopathic Party

"In my own mind, I have the same political philosophy I've always had--basically libertarian but tempered by Burkean small-C conservatism. But I am no longer a member of the Republican Party and no longer consider myself part of the "conservative movement." 

That's not because I changed, but because I believe that they have. The Republican Party of today is not the party of Jack Kemp and Ronald Reagan that I was once a member of; it stands for nothing except the pursuit of power as an end in itself, with no concern whatsoever for what is right for the country. 

In a recent interview with The Economist magazine, I characterized the Republicans as the greedy, sociopathic party. I stand by that,"
- Bruce Bartlett, economic adviser under Reagan and H.W. Bush.

Source: The Daily Dish

No comments: