Monday, August 16, 2010

Scarborough: ‘Screw’ GOP if I’m Booted for Defending Mosque

Monday morning, conservative MSNBC host Joe Scarborough found himself agreeing with former Bush advisor Mark McKinnon that Muslims have a right to build the controversial mosque.

"When I was in Congress in 1994, when I got elected in '94, I was considered to be one of the more conservative guys up there," Scarborough said. "I am feeling further and further distant from the people who are running my party."

"Nazis don't have the right to put up a sign next to the Holocaust Museum in Washington," [Newt] Gingrich said on Fox News. "We would never accept the Japanese putting up a site next to Pearl Harbor. There is no reason for us to accept a mosque next to the World Trade Center," he said.

Reflecting on Gingrich's comments, Scarborough didn't know where to begin. "To suggest that someone trying to build a -- a tolerant center for moderate Muslims in New York is the equivalent of killing six million Jews is stunning to me," he said.

The Republican Party has used divide and conquer for far too long. Wake up, America. We are better than that. And Joe Scarborough, you know you are a weak pundit, but thanks for making the attempt at living up to your rhetoric. Your Party will disown you.

Posted via email from liberalsarecool.com

No comments: