Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stupid or Evil?

Via the Sullivanator 2010, this Jonah Goldberg quote:

“One of the great failures of my book is that it has popularized the use of ‘fascism’ as an epithet. And one of the things I was hoping to do, and I failed miserably, is shut down the use of the word ‘fascist’ as an epithet. Instead it’s become bipartisan. And I don’t like it. I don’t think it’s all that helpful. It might help my books sales, but that’s not what I had hoped to do,” – Jonah Goldberg on C-SPAN over the weekend.

Normally, I would say no one is that damned stupid, and he is just lying. But this is Jonah Goldberg, and there is a very distinct possibility that he is so damned stupid that he didn’t realize that wingnuts would be spending the next four decades saying “Liberals are the real fascists!” After all, he still maintains his book is scholarly work.

I’m just going to have to and go with stupid AND evil.

Assholes, Bring on the Brawndo!, hoocoodanode | 8:28 pm | Respond | Trackback |

The Right Wing loves to use "Fascist" to describe a multitude of Democratic policies, never failing to realize fascism is a right wing, pro-corporation, nationalistic ideology. Talk about denial.

So stupid and evil is spot on.

Posted via email from liberalsarecool.com

No comments: