Monday, December 01, 2008

Bush: "I Was Unprepared For War"

So this begs the question, what were you prepared for?

Bush's interview highlights his complete lack awareness and overuse of the phrase "in other words":
I think I was unprepared for war,” Bush told ABC News’ Charlie Gibson in an interview airing today on “World News.” “In other words, I didn’t campaign and say, ‘Please vote for me, I’ll be able to handle an attack,’” he said. “In other words, I didn’t anticipate war. Presidents — one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen.”
Yeah, the unexpected is a modern phenomena.

Inarticulate, as usual. No remorse. No candid statements. No apologies. Conservative icon.

This is Bush's attempt at re-writing his history, make himself out to be a good guy who has a few unlucky breaks. Well, too bad. History will be most brutal toward W.

Even when Bush was told by advisers that an attack was imminent, he did not prepare for the probables. And then once an attack happened, who could forget his catatonic state while reading "My Pet Goat" to little kids.



Let’s see if I can run this down:
He wasn’t prepared for college (Yale or Harvard)
He wasn’t prepared for the Texas Air National Guard
He wasn’t prepared to run Arbusto Energy
He wasn’t prepared to run the Texas Rangers
He wasn’t prepared to be Governor of Texas
He wasn’t prepared to be the War Presnit
He wasn’t prepared for the chewing and swallowing of a pretzel

Source: ABC News

No comments: