Friday, January 30, 2009

Andrew, Ted And God: Which One Is Not Like The Other

Andrew Sullivan, an openly gay conservative writer, writes about Ted Haggard's appearance on Oprah:
"I watched the whole thing. I feel for Haggard - because he is trapped between who he is and his internalized belief that God cannot love him for who he is. But God can love him for being gay. And does love him for being gay. This is hard, I know. Accepting God's unconditional love for me was the hardest part of keeping hold of my Christian faith."
And the arbitrary meaningless acceptance of religion's contradictory mythology goes on. It sucks that Andrew's true love of God is somehow not as good as Ted's because Ted is in total denial about his sexuality, his very definition of who he is.

Why Andrew wants to frame his life relative to Bronze Age fables that provide zero answers for life is beyond me. For a smart guy, doing the whole "Faith" thing is counter-intuitive. Why would you want to belong to a group like that? Would you have become a Christian at 20 years old?

Meanwhile, Ted sits there with his wife who he committed adultery on with male prostitutes, cock still on his breath, and smiles like he's internally thinking, "at least God doesn't hate me for being gay". AND people buy that!

Source: Andrew Sullivan

No comments: