Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Goose And The Gander

For those caught up in the fake Sonia Sotomayor character issues:
"When a case comes before me involving, let's say, someone who is an immigrant -- and we get an awful lot of immigration cases and naturalization cases -- I can't help but think of my own ancestors, because it wasn't that long ago when they were in that position." -- Samuel Alito, at his Senate confirmation hearing, 2006
And this one:
"When I get a case about discrimination, I have to think about people in my own family who suffered discrimination because of their ethnic background or because of religion or because of gender. And I do take that into account." -- Same Guy, same place, same time
Talking Points Memo has the video that deflates all the GOP hysteria:



Source: Reality Chex

No comments: